So spring is here....I think I can hear the faint cries of hooray! We can finally start to ditch some of those layers and put on lighter coats, lighter colours.....in fact everything lighter!
Let's talk transitional wear, how to go from a dark and long winter to a brighter warmer spring whilst making it look effortless. Khaki has long been on the radar and comes around most springs but this spring it is here in a big way. Last year it was all about the camel but Khaki this year has taken over as the new neutral and the new go to! Khaki is a winner as it just about goes with anything from navy to grey to yellow and even orange. Also khaki trumps camel as quite a few skin tones can pull off. If you find khaki not the best colour for you then opt for wearing it on the bottom. So this season there are a plethora of great khaki buys out there and I have found a few wonderful pieces to get your khaki obsession rolling.
1. Shirt Dress, Uniqlo £29.90. Wear now with a skinny jean and brogues and wear later on its own with sandals
2. Suede coat, Zara , £159. Wear now with simple slouchy knitwear, jeans and ankle boots...if your feeling daring add a snakeskin ankle boot!
3. Trousers, Karen Millen, £125. Wear easily now with an ankle boot, brogue or court shoes. Add a trench, leather jacket or blazer to easily change the look.
1. Pleated skirt, Topshop, £59. Wear with slouchy knitwear or a crisp white shirt with a lace up court shoe
2. Trench coat, M&S Archive by Alexa, £89. Amazing trench at a great price point which will sell out quickly! Throw this beauty over the top of anything!
3. Shirt, Zara, £29.99. Wear with jeans...whatever style suits your shape best.