Yaaaay, the first of our 2 May bank holidays are fast approaching and I am sure many of you have plans to have a quick getaway. Well, what to pack is always a dilemma. You want to feel you have enough options to be ready for anything however you don't want to lug your whole wardrobe with you.....that's just not practical (although I do try!). What you want is a small capsule wardrobe that you can mix and match and can make numerous outfits for any impromptu outings while away. Some of the items I have listed I feel are essential items worth investing in for your wardrobe in general. So here is my suggestion for what to pack, some of these things you may have in your wardrobe already and others you can nip out and buy.....what better excuse than a weekend away!
1. Rostock Double Breasted Wool Blazer, MaxMara, £270. A classic every women needs a version in their wardrobe
2. Long Sleeve Breton Top, Boden, £26.50. Breton tops never go out of style, another essential for any woman's wardrobe.
3. Mid- Rise jeans, Zara, £25.99. A good pair of jeans is another essential item!
4. Beige Lace-up flat shoes, Nine By Savannah Miller, Debenhams, £25.00
5. Ferne Slouchy Bag, Boden, £139
6. Aitrex Coloumn Midi Dress, Topshop, £55. Taps into this seasons slip dress trend.
7. Sunny off-the-shoulder cotton top, W118 By Walter Baker, £50. A hero piece of the season which I feel most body shapes can wear!
8. Yellow Clutch, Liu Jo, £60
9. Play to Win Mules, ASOS, £21
10. Bi-stretch Skinny Ankle pants, Gap, £29.99
11. Jaeger Classic Trench, Jaeger, £225. A good classic trenchcoat is a must for any wardrobe and a good cover up for spring.
12. Shirt, Zara, £29.99.
13. Linen T-Shirt, Toast, £59. Good t-shirts are priceless and can take you far!